Pump Up Your Book Tour: Nephilim Book Tour

Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 616 KB
Publisher: Lyrical Press, Inc. (July 12, 2011)

Book Blurb: When sin stains your soul, he tattoos your skin . . .

Tattoo artist Nathan Ink is more than he seems. An angel living in secret on earth, he forces his clients to face their flaws by tattooing images of their sins on their bodies, but this glimpse into the soul often results in his clients' deaths. Although Nathan avoids the other angels, when they ask him to keep an eye on Faye, a nephilim being stalked by another of her kind, he reluctantly agrees.

The angels have kept Faye in the dark about her stalker, but to keep her close to Nathan, they've tasked her with investigating the high mortality rate of Nathan's clients. Despite her distaste for his methods, she finds herself fighting a growing attraction to Nathan, and discovering he's not a rogue after all forces her to question her own mission. When Faye learns her stalker is another nephilim who intends to use her to breed a new race of hellish beings, teaming up with Nathan may be the only way to prevent a genocide.
Contains strong language and violence.

My review: The best part of being a book blogger are the books I discover from reading a review or being invited to a tour. When I read this book's blurb I knew I had to read it. And I'm glad I did!

Nephilim is a thoroughly engrossing novel full of intense scenes and thought-provoking situations and one I did not want to part with. Mary Ann Loesch crafted an impressive cast of characters. So many personalities totally grew on me. The quietly powerful and secretive Azal, mysterious Nathan fighting his attraction to Faye... And Faye, part angel, part human, is a nephilim, a giver of life and owner of a nursery. Her guardian angel, Azal, approaches her, asking for her help with a rogue angel, Nathan. Faye has had her fill of misery in life and she blames Azal for much of it. Still, she is intrigued by the idea of a rogue, and sets out to talk to him. She may not like Nathan's deadly tattoos or his macabre work ethic but she can't forget her own reaction to him. Ultimately, she was my favorite with her respectful distrust of heaven's tactics and her unique abilities to see between the veil separating the two worlds and help the dying cross over. 

The beauty of Nephilim is it is definitely not a typical angel story--and I don't mean the physical appearance of its characters since so many are marvelously flawed. The world Loesch has built and its' inhabitants, their struggles and the continuing twists and turns,  kept me caught up in it. The story lines and plot were layered and kept me thinking about what would come next. 

Fans of paranormal fantasy, especially angel fans, who prefer a deep meaningful story should pick up Nephilim.  Let Mary Ann Loesch draw you into her beguiling world. Once engulfed by it, you may not want to surface back in reality until the very end. I know I did.

Rating: Loved it.

Cover comment: I like the coloring but I'm tiring of prominently placed buffed guys on the covers of paranormal romances. Where's Faye?

Book source: From author for my honest review during a book tour.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop

The Devouring #2: Soulstice by Simon Holt

Spooktacular Giveaway Hop