Mini book reviews: The Silver Chain, White Trash Beautiful, Friday Night Alibi, Elite

The Silver Chain (The Unbreakable Trilogy #1)
by Primula Bond

My rating: 3

Young woman with a hard childhood tries to put her past behind her and create a new life for herself. Serena is a budding photographer and catches the eye of Gustav, a wealthy guy who owns an art gallery. He offers to host her show but offers such as these usually aren't one-sided. There's a catch concerning a silver chain, one she must wear which symbolizes his control and claim to her.

I first thought this had a Fifty Shades vibe to it but it doesn't. Interesting premise, I liked the writing (though I had to find out what certain words meant in English), and yet I couldn't connect with either character. There were some inconsistent parts of the story and the silver chain(s) aggravated me.

This is the first book in a trilogy. I don't think I'll be continuing with this series.



White Trash Beautiful (White Trash Trilogy #1)
by Teresa Mummert

My rating: 3

Trailer park existence. Dead end job. Addicted mother. Abusive boyfriend. Cass has had it hard. Until a certain musician enters the diner and turns her life upside down. With Tucker she sees a way out. What will she do?

Interesting storyline but I did find it hard to believe that a successful rock star would go into a diner and fall in love with a sad looking girl. I didn't feel as though I really got to know Tucker. I liked Cass and at times didn't. The writing drew me in but the story and characters didn't keep me invested.



Friday Night Alibi
by Cassie Mae

My rating: 3

Friday Night Alibi isn't a steamy NA. Kelli's a good girl who has an expensive wardrobe and lives in a town where there are a lot of religious and rich families. She likes to play video games and acts like an alibi to other teens for a price. I never heard of paid alibis but there's always a first time for everything.

This is a cute story even though I first thought this book was better suited for the YA audience. Kelli and Chase are immature from their vocabulary to the way they acted, especially around each other. Opposites attract and in this case these two discover they might have more in common than they originally thought. They kiss A LOT. If you need a fast, sweet, slightly different summer read, check this one out.


Elite (Eagle Elite #1)
by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 3.5

This. Was. Different. Weird. Frustrating. Did I say different? Elite is my first Rachel Van Dyken book and I find myself speechless. A country girl named Trace. A college for the very rich. Girl wins a scholarship to Eagle Elite. The male leader, Nixon, is a real asshat and has it in for her. Whoa. Honestly, this was a strange and unique New Adult novel. When I grew frustrated with the characters, my curiosity still won out. Well plotted, engaging, and the ending seemed too rushed after everything that happened. I liked Trace, couldn't stand Nixon, but I want to continue with the series, because, as I explained, I'm curious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop

The Devouring #2: Soulstice by Simon Holt

Spring Fling Giveaway Hop