February Author of the Month: L.M. Pruitt

Perhaps you've heard about L.M. Pruitt's series: Jude Magdalyn, Frankie Post, Moon Rising, and now, Winged. If you haven't and like paranormal romance with sassy females and sexy males, action and intriguing storylines, pick up one of her books. With the exception of Winged (which I'm reading now), I have read and loved all of L.M.'s books. That is the reason  why she is our February Author of the Month. Each week we will highlight one of her series, beginning today with Winged.


L.M. Pruitt


L.M. Pruitt has been reading since before she can remember, and writing nearly as long. She fell in love with New Orleans after spending one week there, and visits the city as often as her schedule permits--which isn't nearly often enough. She is the author of New Moon RisingShades of Gray, the first novel in the Jude Magdalyn series, Hole in the Wall, a Jude Magdalyn short, and Taken: A Frankie Post Novel. She is currently at work on Harvest Moon Rising, the next book in the Cari Gravier series. She makes her home in Florida with two cats--one smart, one an idiot--and a puppy with a tendency to chew everything.
Winged (Winged, Book #1)
Paperback, 410 pages
Expected publication: February 5th 2013 by Red Hot Publishing

I fell from the Talmadge Bridge the week before I turned thirty.

I was given a choice: Go to Heaven. Go back to my life in Savannah. Or spend eternity fighting evil under the direction of the archangels.

I chose the demons--and the angels.

I chose the Winged.


by L.M. Pruitt
It’s Not the Destination—It’s the Journey 


I like to know how things end. It’s probably one of my worst flaws, right up there with having to have volume dials on increments of five and obsessively straightening my money so it all faces the same way. I can be in the middle of watching a movie—even a movie I’m enjoying—and pull up the plot synopsis on Wikipedia. Because I have to know.

Almost every single book I have ever written has had an end game. Each series has an end game, something that all the books are leading up to. And no, I’m not going to tell you what it is. That’s cheating, and since this is my guest post, I’m the only one allowed to cheat. Anyway, I have endings, hard, fast, this-is-where-every-character-is-going-to-be endings for Jude Magdalyn, Cari/Moon Rising, even for Frankie Post.

I am still struggling for that defined ending for Winged.

There are multiple ways this thing could end. It could end on a depressing note, because I like to be a bitch like that sometimes. I could go all Christopher Nolan and Inception the hell out of people, but I kind of feel like that’s a cop out and I know as a reader that I’d be pissed to hell and back. Or I can go with the one that’s been slowly building in my mind, the one that opens up a hundred possibilities for how things can work out and even the possibility for a sequel series.

For someone who has to know the ending of things, this is making me slightly wackadoodle-ish. But I’m not stressed.

Because no matter how the story ends, the journey is still going to be written. Lives are still going to be changed. Destinies are still going to be rewritten. The future of… everything is going to hang in the balance. The journey is long and hard and full of treachery and heartbreak and hope and love and joy.

Like Robert Frost said, “…I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep.” And for once, those miles are more important than where the road may take me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop

The Devouring #2: Soulstice by Simon Holt

Spring Fling Giveaway Hop