Waiting on Wednesday (June 20, 2012)

We have fallen behind on posting our WOW posts but when I saw the picture for the book below online I had to write up a meme post. Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at her blog, Breaking the Spine. It's easy to participate in this meme--all you need to do is post the title(s) you're really really waiting to read. Here are our picks.

Foretold (Demon Trappers Book 4) by Jana Oliver 
(YA paranormal, paperback, US, 352 pages).
Expected publication: December 11th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin

I still have to write up my reviews for the first three books in the Demon Trappers series, but my heart went a racing like a derby horse when I saw this picture posted online this week. That cover rocks by the way. The mysterious and complex Georgia boy I love will finally have his secret(s) revealed! Oh Beck, Beck, Beck. Will our girl Riley hang around long enough to hear them? Knowing our tough heroine (and after reading the last section of Forgiven, hmm...), all I know is waiting for December 11th is going to be hard when I'm needing a fix of that hot Georgia peach of a demon trapper now. And what about Ori?

Blurb: Stand by as Riley prepares to kick some serious demon butt for the last time in this thrilling, dramatic and sexy conclusion to The Demon Trappers series.

Riley’s always known that Beck had a chequered history, but she’s not prepared for what it actually means to be in love with a guy with this many dark secrets. Now that he’s finally admitted to himself that he’s in love with her too, there’s no more hiding the truth about his past. And as it turns out, fending off a demon apocalypse is nothing compared to what’s to come...

My Beautiful Failure by Janet Ruth Young 
(YA contemporary, hardcover, 320 pages)
Expected publication: November 2012 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

The blurb grabbed me and hasn't let me go. Choosing this title is a no brainer.

Blurb: The haunting account of a teen boy who volunteers at a suicide hotline---and falls for a troubled caller.

Billy is a sophomore in high school, and twice a week, he volunteers at Listeners, a suicide hotline.

Jenney is an “incoming,” a caller, a girl on the brink.

As her life spirals out of control, Jenney’s calls become more desperate, more frequent. Billy, struggling with a deteriorating relationship with his depressed father, is the only one who understands. Through her pain, he sees hope. Through her tears, he feels her heart. And through her despair, he finds love. But is that enough?


Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes 
(YA fantasy, hardcover, 412 pages)
Expected publication: December 11th 2012 by Razorbill 

This cover took my breath away and the blurb only reinforced my need to....Read. This. Now. 
I have to say this cover wins the kickass award for 2012.

Blurb: In a land where magic has been forgotten but peace has reigned for centuries, a deadly unrest is simmering. Three kingdoms grapple for power—brutally transforming their subjects’ lives in the process. Amidst betrayals, bargains, and battles, four young people find their fates forever intertwined:

Cleo: A princess raised in luxury must embark on a rough and treacherous journey into enemy territory in search of a magic long thought extinct.

Jonas: Enraged at injustice, a rebel lashes out against the forces of oppression that have kept his country impoverished—and finds himself the leader of a people’s revolution centuries in the making.

Lucia: A girl adopted at birth into a royal family discovers the truth about her past—and the supernatural legacy she is destined to wield.

Magnus: Bred for aggression and trained to conquer, a firstborn son begins to realize that the heart can be more lethal than the sword...

The only outcome that’s certain is that kingdoms will fall. Who will emerge triumphant when all they know has collapsed?

We've shared our wants this week. What is everyone looking forward to reading?

Comments

  1. WOW-some really interesting titles here!

    1. I did not realize the 4th book was going to be coming out. I wonder how many there are supposed to be as I still haven't gotten around to reading the first. Maybe I should wait for the series to conclude?

    2. What a blurb! Suicide hotline volunteer falls for troubled caller? That really grabs my attention.

    3. Dang, I just love YA fantasy-this looks right up my alley!

    Great picks :)
    -Bookworm1858

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bookworm1858! I believe this is the last one of the series. As for waiting for the series to conclude, all I can say is I read the first three back to back and I think it really helped increase my love for this series.

      Our second choice just spoke to me and I knew I wanted to read this. And the third book, instant infatuation.

      I hope you get to read them all!

      Delete
  2. So excited for Demon Trappers 4!! The cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is gorgeous, I agree! So glad they moved away from the red and the blue could be symbolic of Beck. I'm so glad we were able to meet and talk with Jana at Unicorn. What an experience!

      Delete
  3. ooo the Demon Trapper's new book i hadn'e seen the cover yet. I can't wait to see what happens next. I have falling Kingdoms hopefully I can read it soon. Here's my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, welcome! I can't wait either! Wonder what's going on with Beck?

      Please share with us how you like Falling Kingdoms!

      Delete
  4. Eeepppp!!! I love all of your picks! Especially Foretold and My Beautiful Failure. Both of those are on my top TBR list. Awesome picks! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fara! I stopped by and saw your WOW pick. Now I have to add it to my TBR list!

      Delete
  5. I'm so hopelessly behind in the Demon Trappers series, shame on me! I also really like the sound of Falling Kingdoms (ahh, that cover is awesome!). Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy! It's not hard to get back and finish the series. They're fast paced and good! Hope you get a chance. And that cover for Falling Kingdoms--wow!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop

The Devouring #2: Soulstice by Simon Holt

Spring Fling Giveaway Hop