Teaser Tuesdays (June 28, 2011)

The date says Tuesdays and this is the day we share a little 'tease' from what we're reading. Since school is officially over for two of us, we all have something to share.

First up is Caity. She's finishing up Allison Van Diepen's latest YA, The Vampire Stalker.

"When he finally pulled back, I saw a burning look in his eyes. We didn't speak for a while as we both tried to regain the control we'd lost.
"Forgive me," Alexander said.
I wanted him to kiss me again, but I wasn't sure I could speak. Or move."

Meg's tease is from Ghost Medicine by Andrew Smith.
"I like the color of the sun at dusk, when it cuts down away in the west, turning the air a kind of amber like the whole world is seen through the smoke of Tom and Gabriel's fire. I like the way fading light sucks all the lingering heat from the day at that time of year."

Laurie's tease comes from Divergent by Veronica Roth.
"My knees give out and the floor is cool against my cheek. Something slams into my side and I scream for the first time, a high screech that belongs to someone else and not me, and it slams into my side again, and I can't see anything at all, not even whatever is right in front of my face, the lights out. someone shouts, "Enough!" and I think too much and nothing at all."

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B at ShouldBeReading where you randomly take two lines from your current read and highlight them in a post. What is your tease on this last Tuesday of June?


Comments

  1. OOh, I love the one from The Vampire Stalker.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesdays_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool teasers! All three books look awesome.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser for The Vampire Stalker! I'm looking forward to getting that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, now I want to read Vampire Stalker. I admit I haven't been interested in it until now. *runs off to goodreads* This one sounds good - why have I been resisting??? On the TBR pile. Thanks.

    Here's mine: http://www.stuckinbooks.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these teasers! Now I want to add these books to my to-read list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divergent was so good! I have The Vampire Stalker on my wish list. Great teasers.

    http://thefablefairy.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-4-girl-in-steel-corset.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these all look good. I'm lovin' the first teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you get a Freedom Giveaway Hop post up please email me the link so I can readd you to the linky.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone for liking our choices this week! We've had issues with our internet connection and blogger so please don't despair--we're working on fixing the problems. Kathy, I sent you the link.

    Have a wonderful weekend everyone;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop

The Devouring #2: Soulstice by Simon Holt

Spring Fling Giveaway Hop