Teaser Tuesdays (May 3, 2011)

Happy May! Warmer temperatures and more sun can only mean it is truly springtime and summer will soon be here. Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Miz B at ShouldBeReading where you randomly take two (or sometimes three) lines from your current read and highlight them in a post. I began reading a paranormal YA, Angel Burn, by L. A. Weatherly last night. Here's the tease:

""No, I don't think so, I'm really busy right now." Wrenching myself away from his endless eyes, I started to shut the door, but before I knew what was happening, he'd stepped forward, wedging it open with his foot. His hand shot out and grabbed my own."

Here is the book's summary: Willow knows she’s different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people’s dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces, and that he’s one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil. In the first book in an action-packed, romantic trilogy, L..A. Weatherly sends readers on a thrill-ride of a road trip - and depicts the human race at the brink of a future as catastrophic as it is deceptively beautiful. 

They’re out for your soul . . . and they don’t have heaven in mind.


That last line is a fantastic hook and made me pick up the book. Angel Burn, 464 pages, is published by Candlewick and will be available on May 24th.

What are you reading this week? 

Comments

  1. Oooo... interesting book and cover! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser! I have this eARC on my Kindle and must get to it soon. My teasers are from The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch and Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the other version of this book and I really liked it a lot. Thanks for sharing!


    The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added this to my TBR a little while ago just because i loved the title and cover, Thanx for the teaser!! My TT http://readswithwrecklessabandon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a little about this book a couple of weeks ago and was thinking it needed to go on my TBR list. For sure now. Thanks for the teaser.

    Here's my teaser: http://stuckinbooks.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser. I read this one earlier this year - I loved it!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for commenting everyone:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop

The Devouring #2: Soulstice by Simon Holt

Spring Fling Giveaway Hop