Waiting on Wednesday

Our pick this week is Then I Met My Sister by Christine Hurley Deriso (264 pages, published by Flux, April 1, 2011). 

The summary: Shannon has been the backdrop of my life since the moment I was born.

Summer Stetson lives inside a shrine to her dead sister. Eclipsed by Shannon's greatness, Summer feels like she's a constant disappointment to her controlling, Type A momzilla and her all-too-quiet dad. Her best friend Gibson believes Summer's C average has more to do with rebelliousness than smarts, but she knows she can never measure up—academically or otherwise.

On her birthday, Summer receives a secret gift from her aunt: Shannon's diary. Suddenly, the one-dimensional vision of her sister becomes all too solid. Is this love-struck, mom-bashing badass the same Shannon everyone raves about? Determined to understand her troubled sister, Summer dives headfirst down a dark rabbit hole and unearths painful family secrets. Each revelation brings Summer closer to the mysterious and liberating truth about her family—and herself.
(From Goodreads.)

Doesn't the premise sound good? We thought so. And that cover, pretty but creepy!

Waiting on Wednesday was started by Jill at breaking the spine.

Comments

  1. I hadn't heard of this one before but it sounds really good, I'm definitely adding it to my list. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a new one for me! I'm a new follower, please stop by mine (and follow ;)!

    Hafsah @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree this sounds like an amazing premise and I'll be keeping my eye out for it as well. Happy reading!

    Here's my WOW choice for the week

    ReplyDelete
  4. adding this to my list. Intriguing plot and cover.

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. How unique this one sounds! Hope you enjoy it.

    Here's mine:

    http://chasingstardust.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/waiting-on-wednesday-oct-13/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one does sound pretty good! I haven't heard of it before, but it's on my to-read list now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something about that cover is so, so creepy. It's like she's getting swallowed up...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds a really great book. If you want you can check in my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover of this book. Its not my normal type of book, but I think it sounds interesting.

    Check Out what I’m waiting for here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard about this one. Thanks for letting me know!
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Leprechaun Giveaway Hop

The Devouring #2: Soulstice by Simon Holt

Spring Fling Giveaway Hop